Selenium is a web automation tool. Learn how to use Selenium IDE and how to test the web application using Selenium WebDriver. Software Testing Tools are used to test software application which is done by the Software Tester or Automation Tester. There are many types of Automation Tools which are used by Software Testing Companies.
Follow following tutorial to get detailed knowledge about Selenium Automation Tool.
Selenium Automation Tool
Selenium has following components:
- Selenium IDE: It is an easy way to do testing using Record feature in Selenium Integrated Development Environment. It will only work in Firefox using Add-on. In selenium IDE you can manually write commands/ scripts or generate scripts using record feature.
- Selenium RC (Remote Control): In Selenium RC using different browsers and HTTP proxy we can test web applications. The browser should be java script enabled.
- Selenium Grid: It is used to run tests on multiple machines with the different browser in a parallel way. This component helps to distributed test execution.
- Selenium WebDriver: The well known and most used selenium component ie Selenium WebDriver. Using JAVA programming we can create a script which can test dynamic web pages as well as web application.
1. Selenium IDE Tutorial
Download Selenium IDE Plugin -> Download
* Selenium IDE only work in FireFox Browser.
- Install Selenium IDE and FireBug
- Basic Selenium Script
- Locators in Selenium IDE
2. Selenium WebDriver
How to Download Selenium WebDriver?
No need to worry about downloading Selenium Automation Tool, it just a minute of the process go to Selenium Download & gets the latest version of Selenium components.
Prerequisites to run Selenium WebDriver
- Java Development Kit –> Download
- Eclipse for Java Scripting –> Download or Netbeans for Java Scripting –> Download
To make or run scripts in Selenium WebDriver following JAVA concept’s knowledge required.
- Static and Non Static Variables
- Return Types
- OOPS concepts (Inheritance, Overriding)
- Exception Handling
- Control statements
- Objects and Classes
Selenium WebDriver Tutorial
- Installation of Selenium WebDriver with eclipse
- First Script in Selenium WebDriver
- Running Multi Browser in Selenium WebDriver
- Types of Locators in Selenium WebDriver
- Looping and Conditional Commands
- Explicit and Implicit Waits
- Gecko Driver
- HTMLUnit Driver
- Handling Dropdown Lists
- Handling Alerts and Popups
- Handling Exception
- Handling Keyboard and Mouse Actions
Selenium WebDriver + Apache POI Tutorial
- Introduction of Apache POI
- How to fetch data from Excel using Selenium WebDriver
- How to save data in Excel using Selenium WebDriver
- First script in Selenium WebDriver with POI