Usability Testing mostly performed by the software tester to ensure that user should use the system with ease. In this testing, tester thinks like the end user and try to give all the effectiveness to the system where the user will easily work on the system. Every tester wants their product should be user-friendly. It is a non-functional testing, this type of testing is not mentioned in requirements. It mainly focused on designs, navigation’s, user interface, alerts, content etc.
Definition of Usability Testing
Testing to determine the extent to which the software product is understood, easy to learn, easy to operate and attractive to the users under specified conditions.
Benefits of usability testing
- Quality software
- software becomes easy to use
- Easy to navigate software
- Beginners can easily use the software
Advantages of Usability testing
- It helps to improve end user satisfaction
- It makes system highly effective and efficient
- Can get true feedback from target audience
- Helps to find uncover usability issues
Disadvantages of Usability testing
- Cost factor if project budget is low
- Every person has their own thinking so cannot achieve to get 100% usability testing