What is Website Testing?
We knows how important Website Testing is. We get frustrated with website that always seems to be down or temporarily unavailable. The status of website will not only lead to users frustration, but could greatly impact the sales of the websites.
The Internet has become the body of the business world. This means faults in web applications have potentially disastrous consequences. Most work on web applications has been on making them more powerful but relatively is done often times to ensure their quality. Important quality attributes for web applications include reliability, availability, interoperability and security apart from ensuring the functional & usability aspects of the Website Testing. Exhaustive Testing is not possible.
Important Tests for Web Applications
How to do Website Testing
- Testing for Navigation to ensure all hyperlinks are diverting to correct page and that there are no Broken Links.
- Test for Performance to confirm the webserver meeting the Performance requirements.
- Tests for Compatibility to ensure that various browsers are supported.
- Test for Security by assessing potential vulnerabilities and trying to exploit each of them.
Notes about Website Testing
- Many types of web application tests uncover problems evidenced on the client side using a specific interface.
- It is difficult to reproduce errors outside of the environment in which the error was originally encountered.
- Some errors can be traced to the web application configuration, incorrect design or improper HTML Tags and so on.
- It is difficult to determine whether errors are caused by server, client or the network itself.
- Some errors are occurred in static environment and some in dynamic environment.